CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
ini belog saya.ini kisah saya.juga kisah mereka yang saya sayangi . Teruskan membaca. Juga sedikit perkongsian dari saya yang baru memperbaiki diri sendiri .Semoga bermanfaat utk semua

Bersahabat kerana Allah . insyaALLAH

Friday, May 30, 2014

Harem pants tutorial


Pantstut


These are my favorite pants at the moment. I'd say that they really look like pants, or a skirt but they are amazingly comfy. I found mine in Argentina in a Pakistani bazaar. After studying them a bit I realized they are not that hard to make. I guess this tut is good for whomever loves to sew their own clothes or simply for those that don't have a middle east goods supplier around town.
Here we go...
Pants
Since these pants come in "one size fit all" kind of sizing, I used a 66" by 44" fabric. This is a Vlisco Wax Hollandais cut that I've been treasuring for years. Iron and trim the fabric from selvage to selvage. Spread it in a big enough space: table top or floor.

Pants2
Fold your fabric in half like so... check that the "V" in the middle measures the same on both sides.
Pants3
You'll end up with two flaps on the sides. Fold those in half and pin them to the rest of the fabric. 
Pants4


Flip the pants, and do the same with the other side.
Pants5
Sew the previously pinned legs. One seam is in the from, the other seam is in the back. If you have a baby lock thingy majiggy go for it, if not just run a zig zag in the edge of the fabric to avoid fraying.
For the waist line, put the pants on and measure how high do you want them to be, mark them and cut. 
The way you keep your pants in place is a personal matter. I cut some bias and made an elastic casing for the waist. For the ankles, I hemmed them and put some elastic tape through the hem.
Pants7
Easy peasy!! This is me with my new pants posing for you. 
Pants9
and me again... with my etching press...
Now, who's brave enough to go out wearing their freshly made pants?? I kind of look like a weirdo around here but that's OK with me. 

Sumber : http://threekitchenfairies.typepad.com/my_weblog/2013/09/harem-pants-tutorial.html

0 comments: